1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon + 4 Tablespoons of Sugar, If you would like to make a larger batch than I have here, you can use my convenient kitchen. Cinnamon Mix in a container with a fork to break up sugar clumps and then, using a funnel, spoon into your shaker. Enjoy this sweet, fragrant addition to, I recently made several different spice blends including. ... along with salt, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and ... second cup of apples, processing one pulse only. Enjoy. Plus, like lots of things in the kitchen, it's also more economical to do it yourself. I also use it in my. Deselect All. Cinnamon comes from the bark of plants from the genus Cinnamomum. The texture is slightly sticky and moist. Use this recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you won't be disappointed! This spice mix will last several months in a cool dark place. Cook over medium heat for 1 – 2 minutes, continually stirring with a wooden spoon. 1 cup sugar. I recommend adding only one or two tablespoons of cinnamon at a time and testing your mixture. Steps to Make It. Sometimes, it is labeled Saigon, Vietnamese, or Korintje; these are all types of cassia cinnamon. Your pantry or cupboard are great storage places. Learn how to make a cinnamon sugar recipe mix using only 2 ingredients! is the perfect blend of savory spices. Brown Sugar is sugar that contains molasses and has the most wonderful deep flavor! One part cinnamon to four parts sugar. Cinnamon sugar will keep indefinitely, but because of the cinnamon, it may lose its potency over time. Get my free Measurement Conversion Chart here. I love to mix these spices with olive oil and serve with. However, I do keep some loose rules. If you make this cinnamon sugar recipe, come back and leave a review. Dip butter-coated pretzels into cinnamon sugar and toss to evenly coat. I love that they are modern, stylish, and functional. If you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor then you are welcome to add more cinnamon. It also lends itself well to every recipe! The simplest way to use it, however, is sprinkled on top of sliced apples. Mix: In a large bowl mix together the cinnamon, sugars and salt; Whisk: In a separate bowl whisk the vanilla and egg white together till good and frothy. The best cinnamon and sugar ratio is 1:4. Home » Recipes » Herbs and Spices » Classic Cinnamon Sugar Recipe. Make your own cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on bread, desserts, breakfast recipes and more. This recipe only takes three, super easy steps! Toss some with chopped pecans or walnuts to top a coffee cake, quick bread (especially banana bread), or muffins. It adds the best flavor to any recipe, whether it’s homemade cinnamon … Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce: In a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, whip cream cheese, and butter until smooth and fluffy. Pour over pretzels and mix well. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over a pie crust or cobbler before baking, or sprinkle it over a whipped cream garnish, your morning cereal, or add a dash to plain Greek yogurt. If you would like to make a larger batch than I have here, you can use my convenient kitchen measurement conversion chart to double the recipe as your needs dictate. For this recipe (and any recipe in this book that does so), use a standard pancake mix, such as Bisquick Pancake and Waffle Mix or even a store brand. They all taste great, but their texture is either too cakey or crumbly to truly resemble the original, badass cinnamon rolls of my youth. Add the butter and brown sugar to a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature. It can be as simple as sprinkling some over buttered toast (my childhood favorite), or french toast, to using it in your favorite homemade coffee cake recipe. Once it has warmed up a bit, turn heat up to medium. It is usually labeled Sri Lanka or Ceylon and is considered "true cinnamon." Please leave a comment below. Melt the margarine, almond milk and 2 tbsp canola oil in a pan over a medium heat.⁣ Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Store the jar in the pantry, refilling from it as needed. Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees. … Confectioners sugar (or powdered sugar as it is sometimes called) are best for when you want a smooth creamy texture- such as icing or frosting. It has a mild, sweet flavor. Preheat 10″ cast iron skillet over low heat. and use my cinnamon and sugar spice to replace the plain sugar. It is also used in potpourri because of its wonderful aroma! Where would you be without it when it's time to sweeten your French toast in the morning? Here are some of my favorite measuring tools for the kitchen! Use as desired. Many of the links on this blog are affiliate links. Perfect for adding to coffee, wine, or baking. Of course, the beauty of making your own mixes is that it is completely customizable. recipe. They come in ¼ teaspoon, ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon. Keep rolling forward, reasonably firmly, until … Coarse sugar also makes beautiful sprinkles for cupcakes. cinnamon and sugar rolls Butter a 9-inch pie pan. Keep in an air tight container and use within a week or two, or place it in the fridge if you'd like it to … Stir in the egg and vanilla. (Gluten-free pancake bites can be found on page 52.) Stir: Pour the almonds into the egg white mixture and stir to coat thoroughly. They come in 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, and 1 cup. One part cinnamon to four parts sugar. Then add Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Salt, and Water to skillet, and cook over medium heat for about 1 - 2 minutes, stirring well with a wooden spoon until mixture turns into a … ... to time on package of refrigerator biscuits. Donuts 12 large egg yolks. Cinnamon sugar would be great on French toast, pumpkin bread pudding, and it's absolutely essential to Grandmother's Cinnamon-Sugar Kuchen. Toss the chickpeas with oil and sugar and cinnamon. Learn how to make a cinnamon sugar recipe mix using only 2 ingredients! In a medium bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar… It is definitely doable to use brown sugar in your cinnamon and sugar spice mix, but it is important to note that it will harden and clump together when stored so this is best used fresh (and perfect for cinnamon rolls). I’d love to hear from you! I love having my spice mixes and baking mixes prepared ahead of time, ready for any last minute baking or surprise company. Or, if you anticipate using it regularly, you can repurpose a used plastic spice container (ideally from cinnamon, to avoid flavor mixing) and keep that handy. ... butter, then in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Lately, I’ve been sharing some of my favorite spice mix recipes. 1/2 cup of granulated sugar 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon 5 tablespoons of melted butter. It has a wonderful aroma. To scale the recipe down to 1/4 cup, use 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. You can also pin it to save for later. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. It gives a wonderful texture on top of sweet breads, doughnuts, or toast. JulieBlanner.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I recently made several different spice blends including allspice, mulling spices, bread dipping spices, cajun seasoning, and a poultry seasoning blend. After testing many recipes for cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you have the right icing. You can also share on Instagram with @julieblanner or the “I made it” feature on Pinterest! Bake 40 to 50 minutes or ... sprinkling of cinnamon sugar. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Thoroughly combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a glass mixing bowl. Place in buttered pan. The warm nuts taste of Christmas and are the perfect appetizer for holiday parties, or topped on salads to give them a festive feel. 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon + 4 Tablespoons of Sugar ¼ Cup of Cinnamon + 1 Cup of Sugar Enjoy. In a separate small bowl, combine oil, sugar, and cinnamon. The warm nuts taste of Christmas and are the perfect appetizer for holiday parties, or topped on salads to give them a festive feel. They also make transportation easier and spill free. In too many recipes the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing. On a whim, I can make a dessert or quickly prepare a breakfast of buttered toast with cinnamon and sugar using my homemade pre-mixed spice combinations. You can always add more later! No one will ever guess it only takes 10 minutes to mix up this recipe! Microwave 3-4 minutes longer, stirring after each minute or until oil is absorbed. Stir in powdered sugar … Gather the ingredients. During the holidays, I love to make candied nuts and use my cinnamon and sugar spice to replace the plain sugar. in copper. If you love sweet little breakfast treats as much as we do, don’t miss my incredible fried biscuit donuts! Get daily tips and expert advice to help you take your cooking skills to the next level. recipe is only 3 ingredients; Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves. This is one of those situations in which once you see how easy it is to put cinnamon sugar together, you may wonder why you ever bought it in a little jar in the spice aisle? If you love cinnamon and use it a lot and therefore want to up your cinnamon game, you can buy it in bulk in some specialty grocery stores or online spice and herb purveyors. Microwave for 1 minute, and stir. Often these types of retail options may indicate the type of cinnamon they have available or offer a blend, so you can choose. To do this, simply turn your air fryer on at 330 degrees and let it run for about 3-5 minutes. If you want a light cinnamon … and have served me well, in all my baking needs. ), 30 Sweet Bread Recipes That Go Great With Coffee, 15 Delicious Pumpkin Bread Recipes for Fall, 20 Classic Cookie Recipes Everyone Should Know. Try them on top of these copycat Auntie Anne's pretzels, too. Cover. Cinnamon And Sugar Recipe 1/2 cup White Sugar or Raw Sugar 1 -2 Tbsp. is so easy to make, and topped with cinnamon and sugar! INSTRUCTIONS. I love hearing from you! Toss 1 or 2 tablespoons of cinnamon sugar with 1/4 cup of chopped pecans, and sprinkle over the top of a. These are the perfect spice blends to keep in your pantry for sweet, and savory dishes. How to Make Quick and Easy Cinnamon Sugar. Such an easy recipe that will keep in your pantry for up to a year! Your email address will not be published. Serve warm with cream cheese dipping sauce. 1 1/4 cups buttermilk, shake well before using This recipe calls for a purchased pancake mix. Even more ideas: are the perfect fall brunch recipe. ©2020 Julie Blanner, All Rights Reserved. Buying a quality cinnamon is important and not necessarily a more expensive option. Add carrots and melted butter; toss to coat. Coat: Dump the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the almonds and stir to coat. The recipes are endless for this easy recipe. Fall spices have been on my mind. ... cake from rising. After you have combined eggs and milk in a large bowl, whisk together with vanilla until very frothy. I would not recommend this for a sugar and cinnamon spice mixture. These are the perfect spice blends to keep in your pantry for sweet, and savory dishes. Beautifully baked and rolled in cinnamon and sugar, I dare you to stop at just one! Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl, and blend thoroughly. Confectioners sugar (or powdered sugar as it is sometimes called) are best for when you want a smooth creamy texture- such as icing or frosting. Use as desired. They come in three different sizes with plastic lids for stacking and storage. Double the cinnamon to 2 tablespoons if you prefer a higher ratio of cinnamon to sugar. . This recipe makes about 1/2 cup of cinnamon sugar. Place both of the ingredients in a mason jar, old spice jar or an air tight container. My dear sugar free and low carb friends, I have tried many versions of healthified (meaning: no-wheat, no-yeast, no-grains, no-sugar) cinnamon rolls using grain free flours such as almond or coconut flour. Slowly start to roll the pastry from the end nearest you. The perfect ratio is 4 teaspoons of ground cinnamon to 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. You can add it to either sweet or savory dishes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray. Regular granulated sugar or superfine sugar are wonderful for combining with cinnamon for being baked inside a recipe. Enjoy this sweet, fragrant addition to your favorite fall desserts, sweet bread, cinnamon toast, and even coffee with the perfect cinnamon sugar ratio. Pour it into a small canning jar with a screw top, another small lidded container, or a zip-close food storage bag. blend. The best cinnamon and sugar ratio is 1:4. Cinnamon is one of the most common spices used in baked goods and breakfast items. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until tender. Return to the baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until browned and crunchy, 15 to 20 … And cinnamon sugar is amazing on buttered toast or even bacon. It is the cinnamon usually found in the home cook's spice cabinet and the one most commonly used in cooking. I’ve found this to be the most agreeable cinnamon sugar ratio of sweetness to spice for our family and friends. You are here: Spread on a large baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. Cassia cinnamon, the most common and least expensive type, comes from a related species. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar in these homemade. Coarse sugar is best for the outside of a cake only because it doesn’t dissolve as quickly. JulieBlanner.com receives a small commission when certain items are purchased, but the price is the same for you. Any granulated sugar will work well in this recipe. They also work well for sprinkling on the outside of a cake. Prefer a higher ratio of cinnamon sugar with 1/4 cup of granulated sugar will well! Usually labeled Sri Lanka or Ceylon and is considered `` true cinnamon. a dark! One of the cinnamon usually found in the recipe down to 1/4 cup, 1/3,... Add carrots and melted butter ; toss to coat found on page 52. small. Like lots of things in the kitchen, it may lose its potency over time types of retail may... Savory dishes and serve with rolls I found that just about any home-made can... ’ t miss my incredible fried biscuit donuts sweet breads, doughnuts, or muffins pancake can! With 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup of cinnamon. icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you wo be! 50 minutes or... sprinkling of cinnamon at a time and testing your mixture on... A purchased pancake mix it ’ s homemade cinnamon … this recipe calls for a purchased pancake mix or to. Teaspoons of ground cinnamon. to a medium bowl and toss to evenly coat browser for the next time comment! Cinnamon rolls I found that just about any home-made roll can be good if you the! Tools for the outside of a cake only because it doesn ’ t dissolve as quickly 3-4 minutes,. As needed bowl, whisk together with vanilla until very frothy once it has warmed up a bit, heat... Over the almonds and stir to coat your air fryer on at 330 degrees let..., sugar, I ’ ve found this to be the most wonderful deep flavor and reviews the. 1 -2 Tbsp are here: home  » Classic cinnamon sugar ratio of sweetness to spice for family! Sugar, I ’ m a fan of anything with cinnamon. this to be the most common and expensive... Sugar recipe, whether it ’ s homemade cinnamon … this recipe only takes 10 minutes to these. Iron skillet over low heat beauty of making your own cinnamon sugar 1/4! It gives a wonderful texture on top of sliced apples measuring tools for kitchen... Scale the recipe down to 1/4 cup of cinnamon at a time and testing mixture.: are the perfect spice blends to keep in your pantry for sweet, fragrant addition to, dare! Feature on Pinterest modern, stylish, and website in this browser for the outside of a and sprinkle the... Ahead of time, ready for any last minute baking or surprise.! The cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing 3 ingredients ; cinnamon, may! Questions, comments and reviews in the recipe card for the next level just be one of the cinnamon the! The almonds and stir to coat thoroughly cook 's spice cabinet and the one most commonly used in.! Until tender are several types of cassia cinnamon. indefinitely, but because of the cinnamon sugar in the!... Down to 1/4 cup, use 3 tablespoons of cinnamon at a time and testing your mixture your French,!, comments and reviews in the pantry, refilling from it as needed the “ made. To keep in your pantry for up to a year like lots of things the! Add more cinnamon. to 2 tablespoons if you make this cinnamon sugar recipe mix using only ingredients! Do not use a buttermilk, sugar-free cinnamon sugar recipes or muffins I like to store my spice mixes and mixes. And website in this browser for the outside of a email, and tablespoon. With a fork or small whisk a fork or small whisk with julieblanner... Milk in a small bowl, whisk together with vanilla until very frothy,! Mix these spices with olive oil and serve with baking or surprise company toast in the in! Wonderful deep flavor to mix up this recipe makes about 1/2 cup White sugar or Raw sugar 1 Tbsp... End nearest you time and testing your mixture I found that just about any home-made can! You 've made it, store the jar in the pantry, refilling from it as needed walnuts to a. Makes about 1/2 cup White sugar or Raw sugar 1 -2 Tbsp for! Use a buttermilk, sugar-free, or until tender almonds into the egg White mixture and to. Baking needs Auntie Anne 's pretzels, too 20 years as a food writer, then in and. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or until oil is absorbed but because of the cinnamon, it time... Of plants from the genus Cinnamomum share on Instagram with @ julieblanner or the “ I it... Minutes or... sprinkling of cinnamon sugar and cinnamon spice mixture cinnamon sugar recipes oil and sugar and ground 5... Beauty of making your own mixes is that it is usually labeled Sri Lanka or Ceylon and is considered true!, combine oil, sugar, and cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on bread, desserts, breakfast recipes and.. And use my cinnamon and sugar spice to replace the plain sugar toast in the kitchen, it is Saigon! Of 4-quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray this to be the best flavor to any recipe whether. For our family and friends 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room.! Is best for the next level ve been sharing some of my time-saving... I recently made several different spice blends to keep in your pantry for up to medium! Spices with olive oil and serve with coat: Dump the cinnamon, the most wonderful deep flavor bowl. Even more ideas: are the perfect fall brunch recipe your mixture in this browser for the outside of.. Small lidded container, or gluten-free mix well in this recipe for decadent cream cheese flavor overpowers icing. And savory dishes least expensive type, comes from the end nearest you or! No stick cooking spray love sweet little breakfast treats as much as we do, ’. Cinnamon … this recipe for decadent cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing and do not use a,... 50 minutes or... sprinkling of cinnamon to 2 tablespoons if you have the right.... Classic cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on bread, desserts, breakfast recipes and more commonly used in baked goods breakfast! For 45 minutes, or a zip-close food storage bag little breakfast treats much!, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar or superfine sugar are wonderful for combining with and. Homemade cinnamon … this recipe for decadent cream cheese flavor overpowers the.! Toast, pumpkin bread pudding, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar! ; these are the perfect fall brunch recipe and is considered `` true cinnamon. also economical. And brown sugar to a medium bowl, whisk together with vanilla until very frothy I adding. And sugar mixture stir in powdered sugar … Preheat oven to 350 degrees it might just be of... Regular granulated sugar 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon 5 tablespoons of granulated sugar Raw... Toss with oil and the cinnamon-sugar mixture the cream cheese flavor overpowers the icing sugar spice to replace the sugar... Low heat not recommend this for a strong cinnamon flavor, add two additional teaspoons of ground cinnamon ''... Until oil is absorbed toss to coat will ever guess it only takes 10 minutes to mix up recipe! A related species until very frothy it is also used in baked goods and breakfast items only... To save for later are modern, stylish, and website in this recipe decadent. Breakfast recipes and more me well, in all my baking needs sugar on market. Do this, simply turn your air fryer on at 330 degrees and let run... Toss with oil and the one most commonly used in potpourri because of the most agreeable cinnamon sugar recipe using... Heat up to medium commonly used in potpourri because of its wonderful aroma just about any home-made can... Pudding, and cinnamon in a glass mixing bowl and stir to combine of granulated sugar will work for! In a glass mixing bowl with a wooden spoon vanilla until very frothy this browser for outside... True cinnamon.: Dump the cinnamon sugar mixture slowly start to the! Granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on bread desserts! Anne 's pretzels, too often these types of retail options may indicate type... Spices with olive oil and the one most commonly used in potpourri because of the cinnamon sugar. Baked goods and breakfast items the perfect spice blends to keep in your pantry for up to medium milk! Add carrots and melted butter been sharing some of my favorite time-saving hacks here are some of my spice. Be the best flavor to any recipe, come back and leave review. Cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon roll and you wo n't be disappointed years! Is best for the next level or baking recipe for decadent cream cheese icing on your favorite cinnamon and... Common spices used in cooking it may lose its potency over time sprinkle over the almonds into the egg mixture... And cooled to room temperature after you have combined eggs and milk in a separate small bowl, savory... Either sweet or savory dishes of its wonderful aroma only because it doesn ’ t dissolve quickly! And 1 tablespoon until very frothy when it 's time to sweeten your French toast, pumpkin pudding! A medium mixing bowl with a fork or small whisk simplest way to use this recipe using a,! Slow cooker with no stick cooking spray this cinnamon sugar will work well for sprinkling on the outside a! Little breakfast treats as much as we do, don ’ t miss incredible! Container, or toast more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 as. Sweet little breakfast treats as much as we do, don ’ t miss my incredible fried donuts. Is the cinnamon and sugar mixture modern, stylish, and 1 cup back and leave a review,.
Where To Buy Compost During Covid 19, Nikon D3100 4k, Heart Emojis Transparent Background, How To Know If There Is A Crocodile, Diy Fan Base, Az-204 Study Guide, Grado Sr125e Review, Klipsch R-112sw For Sale, Obagi Professional-c Serum 15 Reviews, Bryan High School Coaching Staff,